Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Beginning of the Year Expressions

Earlier in the year I was given a 3D model in Maya and an emotion I had to animate it doing. The emotion I got was embarrassment. Embarrassment was one of the harder choices of emotion and I wasn't looking forward to it. I was thinking that it was not very easy to portray embarrassment in just movement but once I started to work on it I started to understand how people looked and acted while embarrassed. 



People are evasive and shy when embarrassed and aside from the face turning red or pink I had to make my model evasive. I made him avoid eye contact and look shocked like someone said mentions something embarrassing he did as a kid. I tried acting out myself being embarrassed and thinking of what I would do in an embarrassing situation. I even looked at some videos of people being embarrassed. 

A person usually is shocked at something that happened and then the embarrassment and evasiveness sets in. So I first made him looked shocked and then moved on to the embarrassed discomfort. 


No comments:

Post a Comment