Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Semester II Group Project

This project was a stop-motion collaboration between Greta Lundy, Jake Combs, Anna Gaiche, Sierra Draney, and myself. When we first started we had no idea what to do. We knew we had to make something stop-motion but were weren't sure what it would be about. We started with a lot of ideas some of which included clothes moving a wall and perform tasks, some story using all Bionicles, and even the same story as what we did but the monster would've been one of us eating candy.


All of us finally agreed on the gummy bear story and we had Greta storyboard it for us so we knew what kinds of shots we would need and about how long the animation would be when finished

After we had everything planned we brought in candy to make our set and cast. Sierra, Anna, and I created the houses and main set. It was very fun and most of the candy that didn't end up in the set was consumed by us; including the bag of gummy bears that Jake brought. We started with a giant five pound bag of gummy bears and ended with...well probably a lot less then a pound. If you're reading this Alli, I blame Jake. 


We then started filming once the set and actors were all ready. I didn't do a whole lot during this part because Greta and make were our stop-motion experts. I mostly watched, turned on lights when we needed them, and ate the remaining candy. The filming took about two weeks and once we were finished Greta started to put the footage together while I made the credits and title card. Jake made the words in the title card bounce and while Jake was busy making the words bounce I looked for music for the whole short movie. Greta then added the music, title card, and credits. After some adjustments in the audio and video the short was done! 


Now that I can see the finished product I notice that one thing I would do different is that I would make the story longer and add more detail. Although the movie was supposed to be very short but if I ever had the opportunity I would make it longer. I would also do more set design to make the set look more like a village. Something I would do the same is use candy to tell a story. It's easy to animate and makes a cute story. If I could do this again I could even make the gummy bears talk or have a deeper meaning to the story.

I had a lot of fun on this group project and I'm glad to have done it with other amazing creators. I would love to work with this group again on another project!



No comments:

Post a Comment